Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanks for your support











Well I figured out how to post a picture. Yeah! So I'm starting off with some Smokey Mountain pictures. Thanks SMB for the help. I was reading some of comments on my second blog. I can't believe most of you don't crave homemade chicken and noodles. There is no other taste in the world that can come close to the homemade chicken and noodles. Don't even compare them to the noodles that are in the stores. It's so simple: For every egg you use, you use about a cup of flour and a dash of salt. In a normal meal, I fix between 4 or 5 eggs worth of noodles. Mix it all together. Keep adding flour so it won't be sticky. Roll out to about an 1/8th of inch thickness. Cut in strips then cut them noodle size and let them dry. You'll never go back to store bought noodles again.... I made a dozen eggs worth for Thanksgiving and I am counted upon at Christmas time to have at least one bag in every Christmas basket we give, so I figure I'll use about 4 dozen eggs for all of those... But it's worth it. Give it a try. TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT!!!! I guess I better get back to work (don't tell anyone that I wrote this during business hours). HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! BE SAFE IF YOU ARE DRIVING (SMB). I look forward to reading all your blogs! And thanks once again for your support! I'll get better! PROMISE!






6 comments:

Lori said...

The pictures are gorgeous! Breath taking! I have always wanted to try making homemade noodles but have been too scared to try. Maybe with a little coaching from you I just might be able to give it a try. As far as the blogging goes, over time you will get better. I started in May and I am still in the learning process of all these things. Regardless, I still love it and all the wonderful people I have met since I started.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Pseudo said...

The pictures are breathtaking. So, so beautiful. ANd I think I might try and make your noodles. I've never even thought about making homemade noodles.

When you say chicken and noodles, do you mean in a soup?

qtpie said...

Pseudonymour High School Teacher...
Not even in the same category. Chicken and noodles are served on a big glob of mash potatoes. It's an Indiana thing I guess. Most people think our eating habits are strange anyway.

qtpie said...

smiles4u...

Noodles are so easy to make, you'll end up kicking yourself for not making them earlier. And thanks for you vote of confidence on my writing. The hardest part is finding the time to write.

Anonymous said...

Loving the pictures...looks like arounf here if you go up high enough...

Smart Mouth Broad said...

I swear I already left a commment here but the internet in NC was iffy at best so ??? I can't believe you make Grandma's noodles. I'm not that brave but I do import them from a nice little egg lady in Indiana who makes them from scratch just like Grandma's. I may just have to try it myself one day.

You wouldn't happen to have her toffee recipe, would you?

To those who are interested: these noodles are thick and some people might liken them to dumplings only cut into strips. We Hoosiers don't feel that noodles are enough carbs and so we ladle them over mashed potatoes. LOL